Sunday, June 24, 2012

Oddfellows, a Great Space: Seattle WA

I love when I find a good hang in another city. You know what I mean... the place you return when you revisit because it makes you feel a little bit local. For me, Oddfellows in Seattle is just that place.


So, on a recent trip when I was left me to my own devices for a couple of hours, I immediately headed over. There is much to eat and drink, with a Northwest emphasis on sustainable, local ingredients. But what I love most about this place is the space itself.

A word that comes to mind is expansive. The big, high-ceilinged room is artfully decorated with vintage objects, salvaged light fixtures and fresh flowers. Then there’s the generous floor-to-ceiling windows, which were wide open on this fine late-spring afternoon, breaking down the barrier between diners and passersby, making for a delightful cafĂ© experience.



It was a slice of heaven to sit at the rustic bar, nibble my marcona almonds and sip my icy pilsner. I can’t wait until next time.

Oddfellows Cafe + Bar
1525 10th Avenue East
(Capitol Hill)
(206) 325-0807
oddfellowscafe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment