Thursday, March 22, 2012

Blown Away: Lincoln City OR

On a recent trip to Salishan Resort, my friend and I went into nearby Lincoln City where we wandered into the Jennifer Sears Glass Art Studio.

It's an interesting place where you can blow your own glass objects, including simpler pieces like floats and paperweights, and more elaborate items like sea creatures and bowls. It looked like fun, but at $65 for a float (the entry-level piece) we decided to observe rather than participate.

There was more glass action across the street at Volta Gallery, where the artists in residence from the Jennifer Sears studio sell their creations. I was most intrigued by a glass hammerhead shark, which was in striking contrast to the cuter, more colorful pieces in the gallery. I thought it was just plain cool – although I'm not sure I'd want it staring at me at home. It did, however, give a whole new meaning to the term "glassy-eyed."


Jennifer Sears Glass Art Studio
4821 SW HWY 101
Lincoln City, OR 97367
jennifersearsglassart.com


Volta Gallery
4830 SE Highway 101
Lincoln City, OR 97367
541-996-7600

No comments:

Post a Comment